Wednesday, 1 April 2015

March final -£5500 (loss)

Back to some bad habits I'm afraid but the loss really was incurred after trading hours final day of March.

I was long FTSE, DAX And DOW, £5 point each index. I was bullish having bought into a dip albeit too early but happy to hold. Rather than fund my account adequately I was drip feeding in units of £500. I was actually awake and watching around 2am this morning when to my horror DOW dropped 150 points inside 2 minutes and the other two indexes follows accordingly, before I could fund further I was margined out.

Of course I've written about inadequate funding previously and what's most frustrating is I had the money, I just didn't want to commit it in one go. I've paid a heavy price. Of course all 3 indexes have recovered spectacularly this morning and I'd have had my money back or very very close to it.

Gutted.

On the plus side I've made £400 this morning towards April's total which I shall post at end of months trading.

Here's the yearly picture:

JAN: £440 PROFIT
FEB: £500 PROFIT
MAR: £5500 LOSS

(Total this year so far £4550 loss).

1 comment:

  1. I've read your blog (and cringed) from start to finish. It's pretty clear that you haven't learnt a single lesson in some 3 years of trading.

    If you're going to continue down this path I suggest you use CFD's so at least you can offset your many losses against your tax bill.

    AV

    ReplyDelete