I promised to post my closing figures here today but I miscalculated my month end.
It takes 3 days for my withdrawn funds to clear in my account from IG which means I can trade Monday until Dow closes and that's it for the month.
My £3000 capital from 5th October stands today at £4600. I traded lightly this week content to scalp 5 minute candles but was tempted into shorting the Dow 5 minutes before close when it climbed 20 points, it's since climbed another 20 but I'm pretty confident of a fade before open Monday.
In hindsight that last trade was the first time this month I've taken a trade based on greed. Turning £3000 into £4600 should have been a good enough feeling and I should be typing this without having a position so I can fully enjoy the weekend stress free. It's a good reminder to respect the market at all times and be on my guard and aware of my emotions. I've had a migraine all day and so missed most of the day and was itching to make a trade.
Still, whatever happens I'm going to control the situation and record another profitable month which is my primary goal. Although the additional profit is highly welcome the most important part of this is to continue to trade profitably month after month after month.
Final report Monday evening, nice weekend all.
No comments:
Post a Comment