Thursday, 14 June 2012

Don't play the Dow

Today I blew £700 in less than half an hour.

Reckless wanker.

Two trades got away from me, one went short 100+ points in less than a two minutes when I was long (£4 a point) and I was unable to close the trade, it was that fast.

On the bright side I am not going to further fund my account, I have just under £300 to play with and so I will be forced to play my original game plan.

It's glaringly obvious I do not possess the knowledge (if I did I would never play the dow) nor the neccessary temperament to warrant further funding at this stage.

I will rebuild my account to the original £1500 value but it will have to be done the way I planned originally. I've neglected my day job with this obsession about trading but today has been cathartic. I love what I do and tomorrow I shall go into my office with renewed enthusiasm and earn the money back the way I know how.

My trading target tomorrow is simply to have more money in the account than when I start, even if that's £10. Now, that's sensible. I shall be leaving for my office at 9am whether a trade comes my way or not.

Ps, I allocated a budget to the learn and play with and that's all I'm putting in. I can afford to lose the money but I strongly advise anyone new to only play with money you can afford to lose. This is not a get rich quick scheme, it requires knowledge, a familiarisation period and iron discipline and total focus. Sadly I am aware of my shortcomings and therefore deserve what happened today.

No comments:

Post a Comment