Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Today's Mistakes

Ignoring price action.

Going against the trend and margining out.

Unforgivably repeating above mistake immediately, next trade.

Overtrading.

I will only be succesful if I;

a) Do what the price action is telling me to do.

b) Trade for just an hour or two a day.

c) Play with stop losses ALWAYS.

I had a good session yesterday, playing the Dow all day at home. I made 25 succesful trades from 30. Unfortunately there were two big losing trades that negated all the studious and impressive scalping of the other 25 trades.

Truthfully I enjoy this, I really do think with a decent stake I will play defensively and with caution. The stakes need to be a reasonable size to focus me, I just take liberties I wouldn't ordinarily do becuase of the small point position I take (£1-£2).

Of course I'll know when I'm ready to fund the account and that time is nowhere near. It's one thing knowing what to do and quite another doing so. I have learned in the brief time I've been 'playing' the game that I am my worst enemy.







No comments:

Post a Comment