Opening balance £50
Closing balance £42
Day's trading loss £8
Wow, what a way to close a dramatic week.
After a slightly bullish opening the index plunged on the not so good job news from the States. I don't recall the exact metric.,suffice to say points plunged south faster than a lady of the night on double pay.
Just bad news everywhere, yet still dramatic seesawing of prices.
I didn't really play today, just conducted a few 'experiments' to hammer home the theory that guessing is a fools game. I did leave my position open last night and after the LSE closed I hoovered 15 points, interesting food for thought.
A good break now so plenty of time to finish my book 'Reminisces of a stock operator (Jesse Livermore), it's been recommended to me by the Technical Analysist at my spread bet firm and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Fortunately my day job is busy which means I don't have the time to focus on this and because I'm more comfortable as a 'scalper' coming in and out in relatively short term trades I have to keep my eye on the screen at all times so I'm not sure how much trading I will get done next week.
I'm fortunate that I'm earning well and my priority has to be my main job, but I'm determined to find a way of making time during the week for this. Either taking part of every day to trade without interruption or specifically a day during the week. I'm leaning towards taking part of each day to trade, maybe the first couple of hours and if I make my target by 9am then quit.
I'll post again over the weekend with some reminders about what I must do if I am to trade succesfully.
Finally for today I now have a 2nd monitor for my laptop which means I'll be able to trade while keeping an eye on two time frames, say the minute ticker on my laptop and the 15 mins on the 2nd screen. Oh and I also have a mouse so no more 'phantom' trades.
See, I'm learning already!
No comments:
Post a Comment