Thursday, 19 July 2012

Clicked for the first time

Opening balance £1836

Closing balance £2221

Today's profit £385

  • -12.8 points @ £10 = £128 (Closing yesterday's trade)
  • +0.8 points  @ £10 = £8
  • +2.5 points  @ £10 = £25
  • +1.7 points  @ £10 = £17
  • +1.7 points  @ £10 = £17
  • +2.7 points  @ £5   = £13.50
  • +2.5 points  @ £10 = £25
  • +1    points  @ £30 = £30
  • +2    points  @ £30 = £60
  • +0.8 points  @ £5   = £4
  • +2.5 points  @ £5   = £12.50
  • +8.3 points  @ £5   = £41.50
  • -0.8  points  @ £5   = £6  
  • +5.2 points  @ 35   = £26.50
  • -0.5 points   @ £10 = £5
  • +0.2 points  @ £10 = £2
  • +1.7 points  @ £10 = £17
  • -0.3 points   @ £10 = £3
  • +1.5 points  @ £20 = £30
  • +1.7 points  @ £30 = £51
  • +1.5 points  @ £10 = £15
  • +2.5 points  @ £30 = £75
  • +3 points     @ £30 = £90
  • -0.5 points   @ £10 = £5
  • -2.5 points   @ £10 = £25
Today was the first time that I can honestly say I felt in control. I no longer bent on self destruction by feeling I have to go short as the index is too high. That's not my problem and today I took advantage of the fact it wants to climb by jumping on the express train.

The profit total includes me writing off last nights losing trade, in the end I closed it gratefully around £80 off, no disaster. I closed because I felt so confident of making it back and more which is what I did.

I had a picture of how the day would pan out and this was confirmed when my daily email landed 15 minutes before market opening.

I made quite a number of trades however I'm too tired to calculate them I'm afraid, along with the number of points. Suffice to say I traded feeling confident and at ease. My lowest £/point was £10 and my highest £30, a new high for me. At one stage I had two trades at £10 each and a trade at £30, so a total of £50 a point. Boy it moves quickly (thankfully in the desired direction).

My obsessive devotion to studying is beginning to permeate through to my performance. I chose my entries wisely and was patient throughout. I also read the chart clearly and every move played out in the direction I anticipated. I closed trades too early but that's to be expected, after all £30 a point can be crucifyingly destructive if I get it wrong.

So, I've actually surprised myself with how quickly I'm progressing, today means nothing though if I lose my discipline tomorrow or allow today's success to inflate my ego.

There will be plenty of time to make big money, tomorrow calls for another positive return, putting a weeks worth of winning day's back to back is the most important action called for.

Now for some welcome sleep!

G'night.





No comments:

Post a Comment