Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Good Afternoon Trading

Opening balance £1426

Closing balance £1575

Day's profit £149

14 points @ £5

8 points @ £10

5 trades

Feeling out of sorts at my screen this morning I made the wise decision not to trade and go to the office early.

I've had moments like this before and from experience (which is after all why I'm keeping this trading diary) the only positive action is to walk away, so I did.

I returned home in time to hear Ben Bernanke updating congress, the world and his wife on the state of the US economy and how he planned to nurse it through the current woes. I know it's a dicey time to trade but I saw the price see sawing and holding at 5620 so I dipped my toe in the water long and came up with two nice trades.

The first was at £10 a point, the second and the one I was most pleased with for £5 a point. I wasn't that confident but thought it was worth another try as the price had risen for my first trade and promptly retraced to my initial entry level. I deemed it worth a punt at £5 and if it hadn't been for a loss of internet connection I may have made 20 points but I closed the trade on my mobile rather than lose additional profit.

All in all another disciplined day. Like I say the money although welcome is secondary to posting successive winning days.




No comments:

Post a Comment