Opening balance £1000
Closing balance £1105
Today's profit £105
I declare myself very happy with my day's trading.
I've changed my attitude, my relationship to risk and as importantly my spread bet company.
As you may have noticed I paused for breath and have taken the last few days off. I retreated to gain a valuable insight into my methods and to continue my trading education.
I now have a much better trading platform with ultra professional charts which enable me to pull up all kinds of goodies, immeasurably more powerful than my previous company and incredibly better terms.
I was as good as my word today, signing out of my account at midday. I recognised occasions where I would previously have impetuously jumped into a position, this time I was relaxed and very happy to observe, wait patiently for my opportunity to open up. I pinched a point and a half early on when I could have made 10 but I wanted to familiarise myself with the new trading platform and make and close a trade. I did just that.
Two hours later I sensed my chance and rode a rise for 10 points on the way to a resistance line. I had to be brave and stomach a 9 point retrace but I was pretty confident the ticker had to reach north and so (eventually) it did. Once again I baled out early for a nice 10 point gain at £10 a point and even though I was confident it would carry on (it did for another 10 points) I was comfortable calling it a day with a victory.
That's all I need, a simple 10 points a day.
Until now I have been plagued by fear, more specifically fear of missing out on a potential profitable trade. I've not been able to keep away from the index, if I played in the morning and went to my office in the afternoon the first thing I would do would be to sign in.
Today I am relieved to report that feeling has gone, the demons exorcised.
Up bright and early tomorrow and it's imperative I post another solid day's profitable performance.
No comments:
Post a Comment