Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Profitable but I Must Make My Own decisions

Opening balance £1575


Closing balance £1836


Day's profit £261 (worthless, read on)

  • +1.7 points   @ £10 = £17
  • +3 points      @ £10 = £30
  • +0.2 points   @ £10 = £2
  • +2.5 points   @ £10 = £25
  • +5.2 points   @ £5   = £46
  • +0.5 points   @ £20 = £10
  • +3.8 points   @ £5   = £19
  • +10.5 points @ £10 = £105
 
 
Looks good in print right? Only problem is I have an open trade, I'm short from 5674 @£10 a point and the market has taken off at 10pm to 5699 so with the 6 point spread I'm £290 adrift on this trade.

There are two very good lessons here.

I am NEVER comfortable leaving an open position at market close, it's just not my style.

I stupidly took the trade on a recommendation from someone I trade with on line in a chat room  I simply have to have confidence in my own ability to make the call and not listen to anyone else.

Another timely reminder is I took the trade almost at the end of the day when I'd sat in front of my screen and had won almost £200, it wasn't necessary to jump into a trade that late.

So I'm faced wit a dilemma of having a fitful night's sleep (if I manage to gram any) or closing my position so I can sleep but faced with the prospect of the index dropping overnight and unnecessarily blowing hundreds of pounds.

I'm doing well, I've shown great patience and discipline and I can really feel the difference when I sit here to trade so I'm going to accept I'll make mistakes from time to time but they'll be fewer and never the same one repeated.

To remind myself, I make the decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment