Yesterday's £1000 lasted all of two hours this morning.
Instead of scalping 10 points I made a judgement call that we would get a retrace and so I positioned a few small long plays before the market opened. The index was steady for the first few minutes, strangely calm, it dipped a few points so I bolstered my small positions with a £15 a point long.
Then the market collapsed and like a fool I repeated yesterday's errors.
I need a few days off to gain perspective, I don't trust myself right now which is a ridiculous state of affairs.
I have around £200 in my account, not much to show for a total funding of £4000.
I'm going to leave this baby until next week. I have to remind myself that all I need do is pinch 10 points a day, a fairly easy call. I've become way too involved with the direction and how far the index is going to go. It doesn't matter.
Scalping is the name of the game.
I'm very disappointed with my performance. I'd performed admirably last week and was picking up a few hundred pounds a day but I got to big for my boots and started chasing big money.
The market taught me otherwise. What is called for is another steady week, slow and steady progress, I can make money at this for sure but not if I contine like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment