Opening balance £1145
Closing balance £1287
Today's profit £142
Points +28 @ £5
Only 5 trades in three days.
I wasn't planning on trading today although yesterday's surprising late rally convinced me that there remains an active bullish community.
The index opened and moved slightly up before settling around the 5640-5645 range. That confirmed yesterday's move and so I resolved to go long if the opportunity presented itself. I was keen on waiting for a hit of support level at 5620 but the lowest I saw was 5635 so I waited around an hour and came in at 5638. I wasn't bullish to play £20 a point instead opting for £5.
Of course the index ridiculed me by dropping to 5627 almost straight away but steadfastly refused to go lower so I took this as an opportunity to go long at a lower price with another £5.
After hanging around this level and briefly hitting 5625 it found it's legs and within 15 minutes broke out of the range and shot to 5650 inside 3 or 4 minutes. Upon hitting the psychological 50 barrier I closed both positions for a £142 profit.
Playing £5 a point ensured I kept some of my ammunition in reserve with the option of playing out just as I did or indeed opening a forced trade (going short on the same index).
Sure enough, having reached 5650 the index faded and when I left the flat around half an hour later it was down to 5638.
I was very happy with my trade selection, thrilled that I posted another positive day and most of all delighted that I appear to have the discipline to just walk away.
This game really is psychological. Last week I could not have simply turned off for the rest of the day as I feared I would be missing a significant move.
Today I actually didn't care what I missed, I traded sensibly, defensively and knew when to leave. I embrace the weekend feeling good about myself and my prospects for next week and indeed the longer term having grown my account balance nigh on 30% in 3 days. If I had tied £1000 in a building society I'd be lucky to see £20 interest for the year.
Attitude is key to my future success and making the leap to full time trading as my main income. Just relax, control greed, don't be over ambitious, play sensibly, manage my account and treasure each pound. Look to win gradually, I'm in this for the long haul, there's no rush to make money.
Next weeks target is to increase my balance each day, remain focused and disciplined. It's more important for me to win £50 each day than £1000 over 3 days with a day's loss in the mix. I simply have to show I can trade with discipline and positively each day, trust me, if I achieve that part the money will come.
Enjoy your weekend, see you with Monday's report.
No comments:
Post a Comment