Monday, 9 December 2013

Monday as it happened (+£156)

Close of play trading position -£2994 read on for the days event (singular!)

1pm

A very warm welcome to a brand new shiny trading week!

I'm feeling bullish about the DOW today, mostly because we had such a strong rise into Friday's close. As I write it's at 16016 and I have a very strong conviction we'll see a push for 16100 today, in fact I'm tempted to take a long now and hold for the afternoon. Not sure I should change my trading style though, however this blog is designed to improve me by recording my mood, trades and sentiment. If I take a half stake long from here it goes a little against my trading style but I have mentioned how I am tempted to make the occasional longer day trade.

More after market opening....

5pm

I've only just got back in front of my screens having run a few errands this afternoon before market opening. I checked the chart on my phone and saw an opportunity to buy the dip, albeit with a wider spread. I took the trade and closed it 10 minutes later for £156 profit. Okay so I've paid £60 on the increased spread for the privilege of making the trade but that matters little, my account has more money than before I placed the trade, that's the idea right?

I could have let the trade run on for a few more points but I was out, I was busy and I made some money without the stress or fear of the trade turning. I'm all for peace of mind and well being right now, it's a good place to be trading wise, in fact it's vital.

So that's my trading day, a single scalp.

My mood

Once again relaxed, chilled and mentally prepared to wait for that one trade. Psychologically I'm in a good place, I've found my groove, my discipline and my trading mojo. More of the same is called for tomorrow.

'till tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment