Close of play trading position -£3530 read on for the days events.
3am
Yep, you read that right, it's 3 in the morning!
I'm not the earliest riser, thankfully I've designed my life so I can get out of bed in a leisurely fashion and at a time that suits me without any damage to my income. This morning I was out of bed by 10.30am, disgraceful I hear you cry and to that I say, live life true to your beliefs :) I do and I love it!
So to trading; I've had my eye on USD/JPY for a while, a couple of weeks ago (and a few hundred pips) I wrote how I fancied it to rise and on glancing at my platform on my phone I saw a significant drop and a 'buy the dip' opportunity. I haven't played it particularly well and I've lost a few points as well as made some and am currently even after 3 hours trading.
The positive note from all this is I have rediscovered my appetite for 'having a go'. I've been ultra cautious this week and have called and missed some good scalps so this has put me back in the mood for scalping later today.
For now though I bid you goodnight (or should that be good morning?). More later.....
1pm
I'm in the mood for trading today, I'm ready to have a good go today so if I lose heavily I know that when I'm feeling bullish is the time NOT to trade :)
I've made a few small scalps on FTSE this morning (only +£40) and as there's also been such a big drop lately I've taken a small swing trade at £10 point at 6522, I did have 6450 on my radar but I see me keeping this for a few days and my target is 6600. More after DOW opening.....
2pm Mood update
I'm excited about my trading today, I feel good, I'm ready to make money. I see this dip as a tremendous buying opportunity and the only question for me is at what point do they step in? Of course NFP is on Friday and we've the FED decision on the 18th but in the overall picture I only see a continuation of the bull run. More at 3pm.....
2.40pm
I've made a £110 scalp on DOW opening. I can feel I'm more risk tolerant today which is the best way to describe my mood. We're currently at 15866 but I expect a dip towards 15820 at which point I'll be comfortable scalping long. Absolutely no short scalping for this market right now. More later....
3.20
So my FTSE swing trade which at one stage was 40 points adrift came slightly into profit so I closed it. I had a little punt, it's really not my style and when I can make £150 (as I have so far today) in seconds trading DOW I don't have the patience for FTSE. It's like walking in treacle with diver boots compared to the DOW which I find electric like roller skating down a steep hill without brakes (Yes, in my youth I did such a thing!). May not trade later, let's see.....
4pm
I'm finished trading for the day. I've made £160 and I'm very happy with that and the 3 successive profitable days.
My mood
As alluded to earlier (above) I was excited to trade today and that showed in my (albeit brief) performance.
'till tomorow
No comments:
Post a Comment