Close of play trading position -£3170 read on for the days events.
2pm
I'm not feeling great today, I have a headache which refuses to leave my skull. Sadly I believe this was self induced with perhaps one pint too many celebrating Arsenal's win last night.
The markets are jittery, we've just had good numbers come out of the US and the DOW has slumped 50 points pre-market. That has to be in fear of tapering happening sooner than later.
I've had a decent week so far and its important to keep this going. I think we may see a drop on opening and then see buyers step in around 15800. I say that only as I've taken a small £5 long from 15858 and the index has since dropped a further 20 points :) My target is 15900. More at 3pm....
Here's a wedge that's forming on 30 minute candles on DOW, long from the bottom, maybe short at the top
2.35pm
I've closed my £5 long for a whopping £20 profit. I always like to get some points on the board quickly after opening but I specifically don't feel comfortable long at this point, I think my initial call of a drop before a climb could still play out. Let's watch and play when the opportunity presents itself...
3pm
That's me over for the day. We saw the small dip I expected so I scalped long £30 point and set a limit order for 12 points and let the trade run whilst I put something in the oven. I come back to see the trade closed so I've made £360 today, I see no reason to trade on given such a good days return.
My mood
Given my headache and associated lethargy it's not ideal trading material so a quick in and out is most definitely the order of the day. I feel confident enough to trade even though I'm not feeling at my best and that can only serve me well for my future trading.
'till tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment