Close of play trading position -£3730 read on for the days (in)action!
2.35pm
Interesting drop overnight and we're currently at 15950. I've opened my scalping with a lightning fast short for £70 .
I'm expecting a test of 15900 and perhaps 15850 today. If it gets there I'll be comfortable scalping long. In the meantime I'm watching to see where we go, it's possible we could also challenge 16000 although I favour the bearish view today. More at 4pm.....
5pm
No further trades so far. Interesting to see the drop to 15880, buyers will step in and I'm waiting for a little lower to be comfortable scalping long.
7.40pm
We've been as low as 15858 and I've had 15850 as my entry for a scalp long, damn! My newly found discipline prohibits me from coming in as I've identified that level and as it hasn't hit I'm not in.
I know this can be viewed as a swing trade but I'm comfortable scalping long from 15850 for a few points and for a few minutes and I have to remain disciplined.
Again as mentioned yesterday, I've made a small profit and if I don't trade again today I will retain that. This week is most important to remain disciplined, to post profit every day and also to see if I can trade only around DOW opening. Of course if a set up invites me I'll jump in and I do see this pullback as a buying opportunity but for now I'm keeping my powder dry.
Having said all that we're now at 15896 and I do see buyers itching to come in as the index rose very quickly from today's low of 15858 to here and the 10 ema is just about to cross the 25. I think we'll see at least 15920 before the close but I'm not tempted.
9pm
No further trading so I post another profitable day. It's interesting to look back on my predictions from earlier in the day, I was pretty accurate all day long, had I traded I would have made a tidy sum but there'll be plenty of time for that in the coming weeks and months.
No comments:
Post a Comment