Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Wednesday as it happens

2.20pm

I've lost my trading mojo!

I closed out yesterday's longer term trade for a £500 loss when at one stage it was £1000 down. Had I left it I would have seen profit this morning but it's my lack of appetite for risk that prompted me to act. Not quite sure why that is, maybe it's the nature of some of the comments that have made me more risk aware or perhaps its because I'm so busy on my day job that I can't devote time to trading.

Of course I'll be keeping an eye on the markets this evening around 7pm ish, I may not trade till then, let's see. More later....

3.45pm

I've scalped a whopping £24 but I simply am so far behind with my day job (vat return, chasing money) that I can't afford the time to trade. I've closed my platform for now and will sign in again in the lead up to tapering.

I've not spent anytime listening to Bloomberg or catching up with my twitter trading feeds and I always like to do my homework before trading which is another good reason not to trade. I still don't think they'll taper but I'm certainly not going into it with an open position. More later....

7.50pm

Surprise surprise, we got a taper!

And the markets made a gravity defying attempt to break orbit, the one act that the market has been fearful of actually happens and the index rockets? I can only think the economy is improving enough to get excited about equities and not fast enough to warrant anything other than the smallest of FED reductions, maybe that's the cause.

In any event I said on here this is a one way market and next time I'll have more faith in my views and stick with my trades.

No comments:

Post a Comment