Friday, 20 July 2012

More Profit, Another Lesson

Opening balance £2221

Closing balance £2468

Today's profit £247

  • +3.7 points @ £30 = £111
  • +5.7 points @ £30 = £171
  • +1.5 points @ £20 = £30
  • +0.8 points @ £10 = £8
  • +0.5 points @ £5 =   £2.50
  • +0.5 points @ £10 = £5
  •  -8    points @ £10 = £80



A brief post.

I'd made £320 by 8.15 this morning, the feeling that accompanied the win is hard to describe, floating would be the most apt word.

That should have been my day's trading, I was set beautifully for the weekend but after popping out for a well earned and deserved breakfast I entered into a trade around 3pm.

I made the mistake of going short when the day's drop had already been substantial. Greed (and tiredness) obviously got the better of me so I closed the trade out at an £80 loss and closed for the day.

I've had a profitable week, ending each day with a more than I started with, my goal for the week was simply to finish profitably each day and post 5 winning days in a row so I've achieved my goal.

The lesson is cheap and must be heeded, stop after a good win, I had everything and more I wanted for the week.

1 comment:

  1. It is required to plan a wise trading strategy according to the market needs to earn good returns. Also traders must have good understanding of trading strategy they are using. There are financial advisory services providers who can help with wise trading strategy.

    ReplyDelete