Friday, 29 November 2013

Friday as it happened (+£200)

Close of play trading position -£3900 read on for a report on my 5 minute day :)

Welcome to black Friday, let's hope that doesn't apply to my mood after todays session.

2.25pm

We've 5 minutes before DOW opens, I'm looking to make one good scalp on opening and to call it a day as quickly as possible. More very shortly.......

2.35pm

Okay I'm done for the day and the week! I've scalped £130 and I'm really happy to call it a day on that note. My reasoning behind such a brief sojourn is I've spent 8 hours in the past in front of my screen to lose thousands so I'm thrilled to spend 5 minutes making money.

6pm

Okay so I turned on my platform to observe the price action for the closing 30 minutes (Black Friday is half day trading) and watched in the background whilst I've been doing other things when I see a big drop of 60+ points into the close. My RSI is showing totally oversold so I had to take another small scalp for £70, nothing too ambitious just enough to top and tail the day nicely. In the past I would have come in much earlier and watched in dismay as the candles keep plunging, this time however I'm a much more experienced animal and picked the bottom nicely. I could have ridden it up for another 15 points (and £450) but I'm trading cautiously and want to take the feel-good factor into and over the weekend.

I'm improving!

My mood

Again the key is my relaxed approach to trading. I've spent an hour on my day job this morning, I popped out to a café for a late breakfast and returned chilled 20 minutes before market opened.

Enjoy the rest of your trading day, I'm learning less IS more.

No comments:

Post a Comment