Trading isn't for everyone but I love it.
My equity balance was as low as £3000 today, I finally closed trading (by force opening a position) with it sitting at £4500.
At one point it was stood at slightly over £5000 and with the index looking madly bullish it left me with a dilemma; I'm here to trade and make money yet only yesterday I turned my nose up at the opportunity to lock in at that same position after being as low as £2500. I chose to go with the flow, at which point everything changed and it plunged even faster AND further than yesterday!
I could only manage a wry smile so I resolved that should I get close again I would take it even if the index was climbing like mercury in a thermometer plunged into a mug of hot tea. The daily candles look as though there could be a pullback and so I was left watching support I had pencilled in desperately to see if it held. Thankfully there was a demand again, slowly at first but I rode it all the way until I felt it could turn. Around 90 minutes before closing I forced open and simply sat back and watched the action unfold. In the meantime I managed to scalp £1000 onto my funds position.
I now go into the weekend with any shift in momentum unable to hurt me and although I feel foolish having spurned the chance to take £1600 profit Wednesday I'm only £500 short on my equity when it could have been a few thousand. I shall now enjoy the weekend knowing I have learned another lesson and look forward to next week.
My trading pot is £5000 and I shall trade with the intention of withdrawing daily any amount over that.
Nice weekend all.
No comments:
Post a Comment