Saturday, 23 November 2013

Weekly review

Weeks Profit £1500

I wrote before the markets opened last week that I thought we'd see DOW low of 15850 and high 16120. The actual low was 15863 (13 points out) and high 16067 (53 points out). It turned out to be a pretty accurate forecast.

Weekly 'open to close' DOW performance:

Last week: +111
Previous week: +208
Previous Week: +140
Previous Week: -2
Previous week: +217
Previous Week: +279
Previous Week: +106

As you can see we've had a pretty stellar rise since the US shutdown. The 'panic' drop to 15877 was on the minutes of the Fed meeting but rather than be the beginning of a catastrophic plunge (as I heard one irresponsible analyst say on Bloomberg at 8am that day) it turned out to be yet another 'buy the dip' opportunity and we sit at a record high and a record close. It will be a very brave person who shorts this market or someone with very deep pockets and limitless patience.

My week's performance

I'm £1500 better off than when the markets opened so I've had a good week. If I trade every week that way I'll be a happy bunny. I made a stupid mistake the previous week that has put my balance back a few weeks but in the grand scheme of things that's fine as long as I take something positive from it. That has to be that I restrict my biggest loss to £1000.



No comments:

Post a Comment