Trading Position + £580
After yesterday's success I awoke to find myself ambivalent to trading today, much to my own surprise.
I opened the charts and checked my various twitter feeds aware of the ECB meeting today and like everyone was amazed to see the interest rate cut. At the time I was out and I had my trading app open so watched the Dow rocket to 15830. Although I had an urge to play short at that point I just didn't fancy trading on my phone. My workstation has 3 screens and I also have Bloomberg live on the TV and without the comfort of being in full control I spurned the obvious shorting opportunity.
Of course that looks a bit silly with the Dow sitting at 15600 (230 points lower) by the close yet I take much positivity from being able to resist jumping into a trade.
I also fancied an overreaction on currency relating to the euro but again as I was out of my comfort zone and had done no research on support/resistance levels lately on EUR/USD I opted not to trade.
On my return home I opened my trading platform and played sparingly at £5 a point. I tried to withdraw money but I'm limited to multiples of £100 so my £80 sits in my trading account overnight, hopefully I'm able to add to it considerably come tomorrow.
It's NFP day, announcement at 1.30 pm GMT and I'll be ready to trade one way or the other. It's ridiculous that bad news will be good news as tapering fears will be put aside for another month. What a world where good news is bad news!
More tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment