Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Today's Profit £142

Trading Position + £1046

I had a feeling last night that we were going to see a fade today, pity I didn't trade it.

Dow and FTSE had both been looking to get higher and not really making progress so it needed a step back or two in order to continue upwards.

With a 70 point fall I took a chance on FTSE retracing at 6650 at £5 a point and added it to it at 6640 another £5. At one stage I was £300 adrift on that trade but closed it for a £50 loss. Dow also was down 80 points and I scalped a few points at £20 a point.

I'm eager to trade on but it's more important I post successive positive days than it is to make more and risk losing. Dow has only been open an hour and I'm done for the day (unless of course I see an opportunity in the run up to the close.

My Mood

I've been watching a series called 'Wall street warriors' on YouTube and it's put me in the mood to trade. I've been excited to make trades today but I'm pleased I'm able to reign my enthusiasm in with a decent day's return.

There is always the temptation to push for my £500 daily target but at this early stage of my trading career I'm happy posting daily profit.

'til tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, ive been reading your bog for a few months now. I been learning to day trade since may this year. Its a tough game. Thanks for your posts, it gives me heart, ive match so many of your issues. Regards BW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment BW. I've been at this just a year longer than you and still consider myself in the early learning stage. To me it's about taking longer between mistakes that is the sign of progress!

    Bes of luck!

    Me

    ReplyDelete