Close of play trading position -£4070 read on for a relaxed view of the days events
11.45am
Morning all!
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in US and the markets will be closed so I'm not sure how that will effect today's trading if at all. Will there be a little profit taken off the table at the close tonight to reduce risk? We don't have too long to wait for the answer.
Yesterday's range was tighter than a nun's twat (does that gag lose me any readers?) with a low of 16064, we didn't even hit 16050. That shows how strong this currently is and I see this as the DOW's pausing for breath before it's next move. A dip towards 16'000 would bring in buyers and would be lovely scalping territory, not sure that will happen though.
I'm cautious for today but if the trading range continues to remain so narrow it does offer a few points with a short at the top and a long at the bottom. More later........
2.50pm
Only scalped £80 so far. I just missed a spectacular long trade. I was long at £30 point from 16080 but have to rush out and closed for a point....it's just risen 25 points :)
Have to go view a house so back in an hour.....
3.45pm
Hmm, decent house! We have to move in a few months so food for thought.
I made a lightening quick £66 scalp on the way out so today's profit stands at £146 so far. Now back in front of my screens for an hour, let's see if there's another opportunity...
5pm
I've had enough for today. The trading range is tight, there's no volatility and little movement. I've more money than when I started with today and follow that every day and I'll be just fine and dandy!
My mood
Really relaxed is all I can say. I haven't viewed trading as the be all and end all and I haven't chased my overall loss.
Scalping works for me.
I may not trade tomorrow as DOW will be closed. I know IG will make a market on the index but I don't want to trade that way. If the FTSE has some movement I may dip my toes, let's see. Either way I'll post.
'Till tomorrow
No comments:
Post a Comment