Friday, 15 November 2013

Still Alive

Trading Position - £5500


I planned to scalp the DOW long today as it's still very bullish. I'm sure of a retrace at some point (if only for the index to take a breather) as it's been quite a few days. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) my day job came calling and I couldn't even look at trading until 4.30pm by which time it had climbed from 15880 to 15933. I managed to scalp £140 around my position.

I'm currently £5500 down and £50 point short. I added to my position at 15930 as I'm hoping for a fade premarket. I'm going to chill over the weekend and I look forward to trading Monday. I'll post my thoughts for the week late Sunday.

My mood today

I was feeling frustrated that I was so busy I couldn't trade but my 'day job' gives me the opportunity to trade and learn and it's very important, I plan to make my reliance on it less so in the coming months and years.

Enjoy your weekend

Me!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, from the beginning I've made notes on what I've read on day trading. Recently I have condensed these into a few pages of what I think - trading plan - emotions and key points etc. I now read this daily ( / add to it), I'm hoping this will devolve my discipline and become instinctive to the way I trade. Attempting to build consistency whilst developing my skills. Regards BW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good move BW. That's pretty much how I've done I with this blog and other notes I've kept. I've been trading a year longer than you so you can see just how challenging managing (and expensive!) managing your emotions is.

    ReplyDelete